Hello fellow orchid enthusiast!
Here are just a few benefits of being a member:
- Membership fee is $25 per individual or $35 per household.
- We host many events, including the Orchid Weekend at the San Antonio Botanical Garden in January. A booth at different flower shows around San Antonio, we send speakers to local garden societies and host an American Orchid Society show every eighteen months.
- A typical monthly meeting has a guest speaker from somewhere around the world. These are typically world renowned orchid experts that talk on the topic of how to grow a specific genera of orchids. They usually sell orchids at these meetings.
- At meetings where the speaker is not selling orchids, we have a raffle of orchids from our Society’s collection.
- We have a “Show and Tell” at our regular meetings where members bring blooming orchids and talk about how they grow them.
- You are also invited to the Growers Group, an informal meeting at a member’s home where they will share their experience, expertise, and advice with novice growers. It is a great opportunity to learn more.
The best reason to join our society is the camaraderie and expertise of our members. We never get tired of talking about orchids!
You may bring your dues to our meetings held on the 1st Wednesday of each month at the San Antonio Garden Center, 3310 North New Braunfels, San Antonio, TX 78209 or mail to Treasurer, Eric Shepherd, PO Box 33113, San Antonio, Texas 78265.
We welcome your inquiries about orchids and we’re always happy to welcome new members.
Join our community on Facebook.